

Our evening entertainment was a belly dancer. Unfortunately I decided to start taking video as she was shimmying her way to the exit. I think she took the stuffed animals being thrown on the dance floor by the kids sitting at the edge as a cue her performance was done.
While the kids appeared to be watching the belly dancer in wide eyed fascination (the little boys sometimes covering their eyes and giggling from embarrassment), it soon became apparent they were also anxiously awaiting their turn on the dance floor.

Let the dancing and karaoke begin. Cousin Jordan danced with Gavyn. Aunt Michele danced with Kekoa.



Here we are bustin' some moves. When we weren't bustin' some moves, Momma had to keep a close eye on Kekoa as he scouted the tables for glasses of soda to confiscate. I'm not sure how many he actually got to when I wasn't looking. For the most part, people were understanding. Even going as far as saying it was "cute". Cute, unless you're their Momma. Gah.
Craig's cousin, Sarah, and his brother, Kevin, strain to get a look at the karaoke pioneers for the evening, Adam and Grayson. You'll likely only want to watch the video all the way through if your a parent or a grandparent. I'm just sayin'. It was determined fairly early on that singing was not a common talent in this family. The only known singing talent to be exposed during the evening was from Steven and his sister when they sang Brown Eyed Girl together.

A highlight of the evening, though, was finally meeting our cousin, Nathan, from North Carolina. He is just as beautiful and wonderful as his pictures. Better, really. Here he is with his daddy before they retire for the evening.

Grandpa and Grandma M. enjoy the karaoke show with Uncle Jack. Uncle Randy and Aunt Michele pose with our dear Aunt Sandra visiting from North Carolina (Grandma M.'s sister).

Cousin Jordan sings a song with some cousins.

Then Adam, Lawton, Grayson and Hunter serenade with a rousing rendition of Queen's "We Will Rock You". It was the only song of the evening (sung by children) that I actually halfways recognized.

Beautiful Aimee (the dancing queen herself) and her husband, Mark, pose with Aunt Gina. And one parting shot of Aunt Sandra and her brother, Uncle Al (Grandma M.'s brother), as they finished their dance.

Take a look at these smooth moves. They've worn dancing shoes before, I'm guessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment