
Early morning cartoon zombies.

French toast for breakfast and then another dip in the hotel pool.

Aunt Michele hates me. For those of you who can't tell, this is a caramel/chocolate covered apple. Good, but messy. Messy plus white shirts? Not a good idea. Not to mention the sugar. A nice pre-Mall of America visit snack.

Yes, we went again. Kekoa proved over and over to his Momma that he was a big boy by going on his first ever Log Chute ride with his cousins. As you can see, only Hunter and his momma got the memo that the final plunge is not a complete experience unless you scream as loud as you can all the way down. Then Kekoa went on the merry-go-round by himself. I stood outside of the gates with his brother, Gavyn. He smiled and waved at us from his perch as he went round and round. I almost wept as I watched Mr. Independent unhook himself, slide down off the ride and walk confidently out the gate with the rest of the kids. All by himself. What happened to my baby? I'm going to be a real mess when he walks off to kindergarten without even looking back.

The scene on the other side of the fence, however, was not near as serene. I had decided to not take Gavyn this time because of his obvious terror from the night before. Big mistake. You see? He'd changed his mind somewhere in the middle of the night. Instead of the carousel being the last place he wanted to be, it was now imperative to his survival that he ride on the lion. I listened (along with others) to his desperate screams for the "Lion!" for the entire duration of the ride. Go figure. Meanwhile, the cousins were doing some screaming of their own on the roller coaster.

Chompin' good, dontcha think?


We enjoyed our $3 lollipops while watching Uncle Randy, Aunt Michele, Lawton and Hunter take a turn on the Log Chute.


While the boys look somewhat content on this hot air balloon ride, it was a kicking and screaming match to get them there. They started out very enthusiastic, but after getting a close up view, decided against it. I wasn't much for wasting time waiting in line, so made them go anyway. Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms. And guess what? The LOVED it. Which meant we had another kicking and screaming match when it was finished and they had to get off.
Next up was a train ride.


And the grand finale was a ride on the merry-go-round for BOTH boys. We were one point short, but the girl running the ride was kind enough to let us go anyway. This frazzled mother will forever be grateful for her kind heart. Gavyn picked out the "ticken" and Kekoa sat on a star spangled white horse. I couldn't think of a more fitting way to end our 4th of July afternoon.
6 comments:
Oh my! What fun!!!! :) You are one brave momma! I'm tired out just reading about your day! LOL!
Here are my thoughts on this post:
1. GREAT picture on the Log Chute ride, Lani & Kekoa! *laugh* You two made me laugh! :) I remember similar expressions when I was on that ride...yeeks! :)
2. Lani, I think that you have some merry-go-round addicts in your presence. Maybe you should work with that sooner than later. ;)
3. What a BUMMER that Craig couldn't be there! I'm sure he would've had a blast, too! It just makes me sad that he missed out! :(
4. Your boys are TOO CUTE! I just love all of the merry-go-round pictures and I felt SO proud of Gavyn not being afraid anymore! Go, Gavyn! :)
5. I can't imagine what kind of sensory overload the boys experienced. I remember very well what kind of sensory overload that *I* experienced when I went to Mall of America...and I was in my 20s. Yikes. ;)
6. Fun times and great memories! :) Thanks for sharing!
You guys were not that far away if you were up to the mall!
I'm guessing they took a good nap after all of that. :) Momma, too??
ahhh...what fun. When we were there each kid only got to ride one ride due to time constraints (ok, and $$ constraints too!) but I would LOVE to go back and get one of those braselets so Jacob could ride anything he wants...and I want to too!! The roller coasters looked like fun to me. ;)
@melissa - And maybe a little cranky, too. All of us. ;)
@jen - Sensory overload is a perfect description. We were bummed Daddy couldn't make it, too. Honestly, though, I can't complain as it's the first time in all the years he's worked there that he's been denied vacation, and it was legit... just came at a bad time for us. Glad you liked the Log Chute ride picture. ;)
@jana - How far away are you from the mall?
@amy b. - You're right, we all totally CRASHED every day at nap time. ;)
@kristen - Next time you go, I'll totally go on the roller coasters with you. Especially the one that went straight up and down on the first hill. No lie. Did you see that one? And the skateboard ride... although, I was thinking all the spinning on that one would make me a little sick. And I think the boys would get a kick out of each other. And then I could meet your sweet baby girl after she arrives. What do you say? ;)
Post a Comment