Now on to the good news. I'd be lieing if I didn't say the pull ups listed on my Core Performance workouts didn't intimidate me when they showed up a few weeks back. In my mind, I CAN'T do them. And when I started, I couldn't. I had to have Craig help me pull up. But the next time I tried, I could do one all by myself. And the next time I tried, I could do two. And the next time, three... and so on until yesterday when I discovered I can now do FIVE pull ups in a row. I haven't been able to do pull ups since junior high - it's been awhile. I'm so stoked. So, you see... keep adding one more and you'll get there. You CAN... I know you can!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Five In A Row
Now on to the good news. I'd be lieing if I didn't say the pull ups listed on my Core Performance workouts didn't intimidate me when they showed up a few weeks back. In my mind, I CAN'T do them. And when I started, I couldn't. I had to have Craig help me pull up. But the next time I tried, I could do one all by myself. And the next time I tried, I could do two. And the next time, three... and so on until yesterday when I discovered I can now do FIVE pull ups in a row. I haven't been able to do pull ups since junior high - it's been awhile. I'm so stoked. So, you see... keep adding one more and you'll get there. You CAN... I know you can!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
samoas are my favorite!!! im tempted to get a couple boxes!!!!
Love your post!
They are back to being Samoas up here....wonder why your's are still Caramel Delights?
Congrats on the pull-ups! I wish our gym offered those classes. I tried to do a pullup at the park today...hahahaaaaaaaa! I won the chin-hang contest in elementary school....I hung for over 4 minutes. Oh to have young muscles again.
What an accomlishment! Can you do the wheel? The one where you get on your knees? Thats my goal, Im just afraid of doing a chin dive to the carpet!
@jaylin - I have to quit. Our cookies are gone and I want it to stay that way. ;)
@wrena - Thanks.
@shannon - I was talking to my sis-in-law about the name change and she said it was something about switching the bakeries where they were made. So maybe some are still manufactured at the other bakery? I don't know. It all seems confusing to me. Amen to the young muscles wish. BTW- I get the Core Performance workouts online. I signed up for a year at $80 (I think.). It is a little overwhelming and intimidating at first to do them on your own, but they have really helpful video clips to show you how to do it correctly and written instructions, too. I'm really liking it. It's a pretty cheap way to have a personal trainer. ;)
@moni - Do you mean the wheelies? It's a wheel with two handles. Mom and Dad have one of those. The last time I tried it, I collapsed on the floor and was sore for days afterwards. Maybe I should try it again.
Post a Comment