Monday, March 17, 2008

A Leprechaun Did It



He's been a busy little fella today. It started with the snow on the ground when we woke up this morning. He worked his way into smearing Spearmint Foot Healing Cream all over Gavyn, Momma's shoes and the walls. He convinced Kekoa to try his hand at "cleaning" some CDs. Then he made himself a hat out of Play-Doh, and took a few bites out of Momma's Choxie Dark Chocolate Mint Cookie bar.

In fact, I think Mr. Leprechaun Man has actually been quietly hanging around for the last couple of weeks. You see, we've had a whole box of Capri Sun juice pouches brought to the basement, punched with straws and dumped all over the toys. We've also had a whole bottle of bubble bath brought to the basement and dumped all over the toys. To say we've been dealing with some behavioral issues in this house, is an understatement. Not sure if it's from lack of attention or not, but we've definitely got some work to do around here. I'm scared to even imagine what the teenage "acting out" equivalent of this would be. Don't tell me. I'm more comfortable not knowing.

Happy St. Patty's Day, everyone! I hope your leprechauns have been kinder to you than ours has been.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

oh no, he doesn't look like a happy camper. it must be cabin fever!

Lani said...

Nope... he hasn't been a happy camper for several days now. Cabin fever and a bad cold. He's got this awful cough.

Just Joey said...

oh my oh my, was it a big Leprechaun or the little Leprechaun? Our friends in Indiana had one that dumped flour in the momma's clothes drawers!

Lani said...

Well the basement dumps were the big leprechaun, as far as I know. The little leprechaun might have helped out with the juice fun, but I'll never know since I wasn't witness. Kekoa had lots of kids to tell on him when he dumped the bubble bath the other night at Gavyn's birthday party. Argh.

Melissa said...

Heeheehee! This post made me laugh...more out of relief that I have two very "normal" boys of my own! :) :) Keitan seems to go through these escapades and I'm beginning to wonder if he's just bored at times! Seems if he's got something to keep his attention, he's fine, but if he gets in one of his moods, he's all over the house! Eeek! Hang in there! I, too, try not to think too much about the teenage years...

Jessica said...

If spring is not in the air, something deffinately is! Something's has got my boys on a kick too. I feel your pain.

The J's said...

Ummm, yeah! Totally NORMAL! Happy happy years ahead! *SMILE* :*)

Lani said...

So this is normal, huh? One day at a time, I guess. ;)