
Jessica wrote awhile back about a new fun accessory called Trash Ties. It's actually not that new, but it's new to me. Even though her post and their website and blog made me giddy to share the product news with all of you immediately, I postponed writing about them until I received mine in the mail. Today's that day, folks. As you can see, the results of my new Trash Ties "do" looks about the same as my two-minute hairdo BEFORE Trash Ties, but I think with a little experimenting, I might figure out how to do this and this and this. I'll keep you posted if I figure out anything new and funky.
7 comments:
how does it work? i need a new hair-do so bad.
When you get it all figured out, let us know. I could just picture all 3 feet of my hair in a huge wad - and hopeless. LOL But I do admit what her hair looks like is fab!!!
Very cool! What color did you go with? I get headaches so bad ( and almost imstantly) from hairpins- so I usually end up using rubberbands to do hairdos or the clips- so maybe these would work as well.
oops- supposed to be "instantly" instead of whatever that gibberish word was that I typed! :)
@shannon - It's like a glorified twisty tie (like the ones on bread bags). I'm still figuring it out. My biggest pet peeve is hair that feels like it's falling down even if it isn't... I don't care how fab it looks. Right now it's not working perfect for me, but I think I'm still on a learning curve so I'm not ready to write it off as a bad investment just yet. At this stage in the game, I'm suspicious my problems are more an operator error than a faulty product.
@wrena - My hair's pretty long, too, but thin... don't write this off as being something that wouldn't work for you just yet. I'll keep you posted.
@jill - I went with the brown to blend in with my hair, but the orange was pretty tempting. I wanted to try it out for a few weeks before I invested in any others. I'm with you... I absolutely can NOT wear hairpins without getting a headache. My two-minute do doesn't require anything to hold it up, but I usually put a rubber band around it if I'm doing any sort of exercise. I absolutely can't stand when my hair feels like it's falling down, so I was using those Goody brand "no-grips" rubber bands, but I've been a bit disappointed in them as they seem to lose their elasticity fairly quickly.
You beat me to them. Let me know if they do work.
Now this has my interest! I can't wait to see what your final opinion is on it! I am in need of a new hairdo sooooo badly, but haven't been brave enough to attempt anything! Just haven't been very sure about the whole bun thing. This looks more comfortable without having to use all the hairpins!!!!
Post a Comment