Thursday, March 20, 2008

What I Did All Day

So what do you do when you have people coming over for dinner at your house at the end of the week? You spend your entire day outside cleaning up your backyard instead of the laundry and the grocery shopping and the food prep and the vacuuming. It takes the pressure off.



And what did I find when I cleaned up the backyard this afternoon? Besides all the toys that got buried under the leaves and snow last November? These pretty things:



I even managed to get my fountain (another one of my favorite things) set up and running. Never mind the bubbles. They are from the Clorox I dumped in the water to clean things out a bit. They'll be gone soon.


5 comments:

Chris N Kait said...

Every spring we manage to find little “treasures” we forgot to put away the previous fall! Isn’t it funny how that happens?! Btw I love your fountain- I am still searching for the right one for our yard.

Anonymous said...

You found gold!! Spring IS like a treasure hunt... and so rewarding too, to work hard all day and feel like you got something done.

Ivy said...

Nice signs of spring, and what a pretty fountain.

Anonymous said...

Aren't bulbs the greatest things ever? They just personify spring for me. I can't wait to get lots more planted around here...all we have are some lily of the valley that have been around for ages, from the looks of it! And I too love your fountain. - Nikki

PS. This IS Nikki D.....sorry I didnt' respond sooner....we're doing good....looking forward to more signs of spring!

Lani said...

@kait- I know. I'm particular about my fountains, too. I finally gave up on finding it, and bought this one online. It was more what I wanted to spend. When I'm working again, I can resume looking for just the right one. ;)

@amy - It sure felt like I found gold. It was so fun to find these under all those icky dead leaves.

@ivy - Thanks. I just love the sound of the trickling water during the summertime.

@nikki - I know... I need to get more, but it just seems like I never get around to getting them planted at just the right time. Maybe this year will be the year! ;)