I wish you could have seen the puzzled look Kekoa gave me this morning when I informed him we needed to wear green today or we'd be pinched. Adults have strange holiday traditions, it seems. We'll blame it on the Irish ones. Whoops... that's us. Oh well.
Evidently the nurse was colorblind this morning, as Gavyn got a Hepatitis B shot and finger prick for blood labs. No avoiding the pinch for him. It all went well, though. He cried a little bit at the shot, but the boys were so fascinated with the idea that Gavyn's blood might be green since it was St. Patty's Day, they missed the potential trauma of the finger prick. They both quietly watched the red "Lightning McQueen" (not green "Chick") blood get squeezed into the waiting vial.
For those asking, yes, we wore green today, too. Here's our proof:
Monday, March 17, 2008
Wearing the Green
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
it's amazing the way kekoa looks so much like his dad and gavyn looks so much like you!
I know... that's what everyone says. I'm happy I get to claim one of them, at least. But I remember giving birth to both of them. ;)
I got my sign put up, but we forgot to wear green.
Post a Comment