Monday, April 14, 2008

Anything to Get Out of Cleaning

So what do you do when you're expecting company at the end of the week and your house is a mess? Paint, of course.



Our side entryway from the garage needed help even BEFORE we moved in eleven years ago, and we've never done anything about it. Awhile back I mentioned I needed these hooks from Target. I've had the hooks and the paint for a few weeks now. Earlier today the walls were still white. As of 9 p.m. this evening, the entryway has a new look. I'm still planning to incorporate a little blue on the white trim and possibly on the sloped trim. What do you think? Incorporate blue or just paint the rest of the white trim mustard yellow? Or another color?



Eventually the door (which is still in its original primed form from when it was installed before Kekoa was born) is going to be brown (a darker version of the wall color) with the white trim remaining around the windows.



The mustard yellow color is the color I'll be painting my kitchen once I get my wallpaper border down. I've been procrastinating on that one.




I am in love with the new coat hooks. Almost ruined the first one trying to use the power drill on it, but got smart and hand screwed the rest of them in. My arms are going to be SORE tomorrow.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

i would skip the blue and go with the mustard yellow, but that's me. do what you will love the best. we have company at the end of the week too and i am sure that will inspire me to finally get pictures hung in micah's room aka the guest room! nothing like company to get us in action!

Anonymous said...

Lani -
You and I were doing the same thing miles apart yesterday. Our BR has been in several stages of paint since we moved in and nothing was working for me. I finally decided to do something "not me" and went with... BROWN. I love it!

Yours looks great! I put coat hooks in our entry last spring and love them. So why does my kids stuff still end up on those "hooks" on the floor??

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'd much rather paint than clean, too... :)

Anonymous said...

My kitchen before we moved was mustard yellow. I loved it! I would either leave the trim white!!! And hand something blue and chocolate or a blue and chocolate rug! Thats me though!

Ethel said...

wow..you're really doing a great job! i too am thinking of a hay colored wall in my kitchen to tie in with the cupboards etc..
my opinion about blue vs white vs mustard? maybe match the door..brown again. not the white. not the blue. maybe the mustard...maybe pass ( on) the mustard hee hee..anyway..it's hard . is there a window in the room..what is it's trim color? match that? what you could do to get your blue in there is paint a horizontal strip of it over the brown. would that work? just my off kilter ideas....good job, Lani!!

Ethel said...

oops..i see the window. i would still say no to white around the brown door. brown around the brown door or maybe possible the mustard. you could try the mustard first and see if you like it...ok ..bye now;-)

Traci K said...

Guess we're all painting now (hey, it's kept me out of the kitchen for a few days now!):) Love the brown and mustard colors! I'm not a real big blue fan, but it looks good where you've got it. I love the coat hook. That would be great for kids rooms too. Here's to colored hands!

The J's said...

Wow, you're pretty brave soliciting opinions on here!! Everyone else is having their say, so here's mine...I'd skip the blue, but I personally like the white with the mustard & brown.

Huisman5 said...

Must be the season for painting. We are finally getting a new washer and dryer (after 18 years with this set) but before it comes I want to paint my utility room! I'm going with---Brown! I want to paint the walls a lighter shade of brown and the trim a little darker. Now I'm anxious to get started, but we have Bible study here Wednesday so I'll wait 'til after that! I love the mustard trim, too! Have fun!

Kayla said...

I love the hooks - saw them myself a few days ago, but was too cheap and bought the 'boring' ones! Like the brown paint.

Lani said...

Ok... so final consensus. Skip the blue? Paint the trim white? Hooks are thumbs up? Paint the door brown? Thanks much to everyone for your advice. I'm blown away by the number of you that are doing the exact thing I'm doing these days. It must be the weather this spring.