Sunday, April 13, 2008

Believe It or Not



On April 12th, we woke up to snow on the ground. Even though it was predicted, my heart sank when I saw it. I guess a little part of me was hoping it woudn't come true. By the time I took these pictures in the afternoon, some of it had melted, but my poor daffodils were still shivering in the ice cold wind.



Today the sun is shining and we barely have to wear coats, so it's all good. I wonder if those shivering daffy's dare bloom? Surely this is the last snowfall of the year.

5 comments:

The J's said...

PLEASE!! YES!!! no more snow & warm!

Marla said...

You're right - where is spring?
Tom and I were so smart (or hopeful?) - we took off our snow tires the day before it dumped ~6 inches. And then proceeded to dump more all last week. Sigh - I'm ready to get out walking!!!

Jessica said...

But did you notice, the grass is green! It's coming, don't give up hope.

Mandy said...

Wow!! It just never ends, does it? We had a cold snap here...but not as cold as that!

Lani said...

I think I hear this resounding sigh from every human being in the United States every time we get another cold snap. Gah. I will forever remember this as the winter that would NEVER end!