I stole the idea of listing out my 100 Things Worth Doing from Mighty Girl. Here's her Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, and favorites from her comments. And now I bring you my first 25:
1) Carving shapes out of Ivory soap bars with my boyfriend to give to people as Christmas gifts.
2) Being passenger on a motorcycle hurtling down the road at 100 plus miles an hour without a helmet.
3) The rush and "let's do that again!" hysteria of my first roller coaster ride.
4) The tickle feeling in your gut after doing a somersault.
5) The exhilaration of swinging out on a rope tied to a tree and dropping into the pond scum waiting beneath.
6) Feeling soft fingers caressing your face and neck as you rock your baby to sleep.
7) Lying awake in bed at night listening to the waves rolling in just a few feet from your open window.
8) Going to check cows in the pasture on late summer evenings.
9) The smell of deep fried foods at the fair on a warm, sticky summer night.
10) Lying down in the bed of the pickup truck and watching the stars in the night sky/listening to the sound of the gears shifting and the tires on the gravel.
11) How smooth your teeth feel against your tongue after you get your braces off.
12) The cozy warmth of snuggling inside an igloo made out of snow - sheltered from the bitter cold wind.
13) The electric feeling of your hands brushing against each other just before the first hand holding.
14) Standing in the passenger seat with head above the rollbar, arms held up against the wind like I'm flying to dry out my swimsuit while being driven down the Interstate with the top of the Jeep down.
15) Sneaking out of school (high school) to take a motorcycle ride.
16) Waking up to the sound of doves cooing.
17) Going to sleep to the sound of singing frogs.
18) Weenie/marshmallow roasts at "the Hills".
19) Sleeping cozily in a two man tent with Craig during a crisp autumn weekend.
20) Being serenaded by Craig with his baseball hat on backwards to the Dazy Head Mazy song, Never Forget.
21) Gondola ride with Craig in Venice, Italy in the evening as the sun was setting.
22) Gelati every day we were in Italy.
23) Late summer night walks.
24) Running in the rain.
25) Having a beautiful Lebanese man braid colorful yarn into my hair late at night on the Spanish Steps (along with the 100s of other people hanging out there) in Rome, Italy.
4 comments:
what awesome memories you have!! Thanks for sharing.
Lani... I'm camping out here a while, reading all of these. I opened the first one a couple of days ago and left it until I had time to read it all at once, and then... you added three more! What a lovely way to record your "worth it's". Our life perspective is restored when we can take the time to appreciate and remember.
Thanks for sharing...
i second amy b's comment..amy you do a great job at doing comments..so i'll just say ditto!
I had to do the same thing when I read the ones over on Mighty Girl's blog. It was a fun exercise, and you're right... it's nice just to stop and think about all the significant memories I have and so many things I've enjoyed and can be thankful I had the opportunity to enjoy.
Post a Comment