Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm Blaming It On the Weather

I was looking forward to bike rides and jogs with the family in the past two weeks, but the weather forecasts really put a damper on that plan. And I'll blame the weather for the fact I'm not getting to run my 20k race with an old friend I was hoping to get better acquainted with this weekend, too. Even if Craig wasn't on call this weekend, I wouldn't have ran in snow and wind. I like to run, but not THAT much. It's hard enough to run that distance in good weather. And that also means we won't be visiting these fine people, either. Bummer.



But tonight/last night (depending on when you read this), we did manage a family swim night. We splashed, we surfed Cody-style (from Surf's Up), and we swam. It was quite entertaining to see Gavyn swirling his hands just under the water like he was swimming while I floated him in the water.



And a little nutrition theory I'm testing out says to eat a little protein before you go to bed because it's too long of a period to fast. I absolutely LOVE grapefruit, so that's my fruit of choice to combine with the cottage cheese. Good night, all!

2 comments:

Alison said...

Way to go! It's hard to involve two little ones in exercise, especially in bad weather, so swimming is a great way to do it. I bet you got a little bit of a workout too! Have a great day!!!

Lani said...

The one good thing that has come out of this Friday night Family Swim Night thing... watching the boys get more comfortable in the water. They have a healthy fear of it, but also are really, really getting a kick out of it. Swimming lessons may be just around the corner for the oldest.