Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tag. You're It. Again.

I've been tagged by Moni.

What was I doing 10 years ago:
Ten years ago I had been married for almost two years. I had been working at my first job out of college for one year.

Five Snacks I enjoy (in a perfect, non weight-gaining world):
1. Dark chocolate truffles
2. Chocolate chip cookies
3. Warm brownies with vanilla ice cream melting on top
4. Homemade warm chocolate pudding with real whipped cream on top
5. Chocolate covered strawberries

In the real world:
1. I love summer and spend every moment I can outside getting vitamin D therapy.
2. Laughing feels so good.
3. I love running outside.
4. My boys make me laugh and cry and smile and growl.
5. The sun doesn't always shine.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Give
2. Travel
3. Vacation someplace warm every winter
4. Write books
5. Own our own business

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Babysitter
2. Walking beans/detassling corn
3. Cleaning houses
4. Communications/Writer
5. Stay-at-home-Mom

Three of my habits:
1. Picking at my face
2. Talking a lot (even moreso when I'm nervous, no secrets here...ever)
3. Pulling at my eyebrows

Five places I have lived:
1. On a pig farm
2. In an apartment
3. In a duplex
4. In a house
(all of these were in only two locations within the same state)

What do you want others to get from your blog:
Not really for others, but if they could periodically get...
1) a laugh
2) a cry
3) some encouragement
4) affirmation
5) the feeling they are not alone
that would be enough to satisfy me.

7 comments:

Ethel said...

i knew there was something i liked about you..i too enjoy everything dark chocolate!!! fun list! good question about blogging..what i want others to get from my blog..hmmm a sense of comraderie and friendship and fun...mostly blogging for me is a very self indulgent avocation.

Anonymous said...

Does somebody like chocolate? Hehe

deleise said...

I love "the feeling that they are not alone." I love that about the blog world, it's always a relief to find out we are all having similar struggles and successes. Makes life easier for some reason!

Lani said...

@ethel- I would have to agree about bloggin being self-indulgent.

@moni - How could you tell? ;) Remember... send ALL your dark chocolate to me. I'll send all my milk chocolate to you.

@deleise - I think that's one of the biggest unexpected "perks" I've enjoyed from blogging. And you're right... for some reason it does make life easier feeling like we're not alone.

The J's said...

This is a fun list! looks a little easier to do than the last one~ (well, maybe that I just wouldn't have to THINK so hard!!)

Jessica said...

Little late here. Yeah for pulling eyebrows. Can't believe that I found someone else that does that!

Lani said...

You, too, huh? ;)