Were my expectations too high? Today, Craig and I took Gavyn and Kekoa to a place to get pictures taken. The only one I came away with was this one (bear in mind, it is a picture of a picture, so it doesn't look as good as the original). As in comparison to the one I took of Gavyn myself. Remember that recent fiasco?

And this one being the best we had to choose from gives you an idea on how poorly they were done. I guess I can't complain too much as we're only out $9.95 for the photo package (no, it WASN'T Wal-Mart... just that I didn't want more than one picture, thus the awesome deal... the next step up would have been an additional $69.95), the gas money to get there, and all the energy it took to take two boys ages 2 & 3 to get their pictures taken at naptime, but really... you'd think at their worst, they could do better than this. I guess you get what you pay for.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Too High?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Lani I think that it is a wonderful picture. Your little man is looking so grown up! What a little cutie.
I like it too!! Sweet. "Grammy"
I remember many a times with Tucker that they would get ONE pic before he would throw a fit so it was the one we got like it or not .. i don't think it is bad!
Lani, I know you crack the whip when you see fit! refering to the comment you left me, I am positive when there in the second grade they will be the best in there class! or you'll crack harder!! (God intended good guidence (sp) his word give us instruction on this.) Mine sass me and o boy I wish I was firmer!!!
By the way the pix are cute! Is it him or is that what you were concerned with, NOT getting them? as in personality? I dispise studios. The last time I was in one Wyatt was o' about 9 months and they chopped off his legs and the majority of the pix was the nice white back ground.
Your a doll keep up the good Momming and such!
sorry for the book!!!
Ok... so maybe it's me being over critical.
@wrena - I think that might be part of it. The guy taking the pictures was in a "hurry" to get out of the studio and did not work to get a picture that captured his personality, at all. It didn't help that both boys were COMPLETELY uncooperative, either. I've also found the quality of the picture ends up being "the luck of the draw"... in other words, getting the right photographer. But I can't afford some photographers prices at this point, so I think I'll be heading back to Target Studios for future picture taking sessions. I've had the best luck with them.
i don't think it's bad either. it is true that it depends on the photographer. when we got micah's done at target i did not like the guy at all, but we still got some good photos although micah never really loosened up. thank goodness we had a good photographer when it was ayla's turn. she was such a stinker at first, but we eventually got her personality to come out full force. i've paid much more and been equally or less satisfied with the results. i think overall you got a good photo.
The pic you took of Gavyn is much better than the studio version! I was in a photography class when Emma was little and I took a lot of cute pictures of her. If you have patience you can get some real gems. -Jana
They're both cute shots, Lani. He has such beautiful eyes and I love his smile. There's just way too much personality there to capture in one two-dimensional picture. Enjoy your "larger than life" little boy... he looks precious!
my 2 cents - I do like your picture better than the studio pic, however, I don't think the studio one is as bad as you feel. The rest of us don't have the "emotions" about the picture as you do though. I certainly understand that! When we lived in FL my best friend (who happened to live across the street) was a photographer so I got all these professional pictures of Jacob for...FREE!! Talk about a sweet deal. Now that we're in TX I have no idea what we're going to do with Baby #2. Probably I'll be doing the pics myself. Better luck next time - I'm sure you can capture some awesome pics of your boys given the right time, place, and patients. ;)
Post a Comment