Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Pukes

Dear Readers,

Gavyn still has diarrhea and is cranky. Craig's feeling a little better today, but the kicker? Kekoa came to me this morning, "Mommy, I threw up in my bed again." Sure enough. And as I was getting the sheets in the wash? He threw up again on the rug in the living room. Nice.

This of course was a signal to him he needed a popsicle to feel better. Against my better judgement, I obliged. As he was sitting in the chair with Daddy eating his popsicle, I was making phone calls to cancel all of the days plans. No company for us tonight, either. While on the phone to Aunt Michele to let her know we wouldn't make it to his cousin, Hunter's, 1st Communion party either, Kekoa lost his popsicle... all over Daddy.

This was an unexpected twist as I thought Kekoa had this stuff already. Evidently there's two different viruses floating around this household.

What we're saving on groceries, we're making up for in laundry.

With love, The Pukes

P.S. Just because I thought you might all want to know, as of 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, Gavyn has vomited again. Another unexpected twist as I truly thought he was recovering. This time he had a significant amount to lose and it smelled flu-y. How long does this stuff last? I see our plans for tomorrow quickly dissipating. *sigh*

13 comments:

Mindy said...

yikes, not fun at all. other than throwing up he seems fine?

Lani said...

The first day seems to be the puke day, and then after that it's severe diarrhea for a few days. Craig said he felt like throwing up, but didn't. Both of the kids have thrown up, though. Main symptoms - achey legs, upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, and overall being extremely lethargic (laying around and sleeping a lot).

The Chairman's Wife said...

eeeewwww! get out the chlorox!

Mrs Starling said...

Welcome to my life as nurse on the unit I used to work on....lots of puke to clean up. But then I always got to put in a tube down their nose to their stomach to suck out the rest of the puke. Not so gray's anatomy, huh?!

Lani said...

@linda - Well, I got to use the title idea inspired by your previous comment after all. ;) Yep... we've been doing lots of Cloroxing and Lysoling.

@jamie - Believe it or not... there's a little of that going on in Grey's Anatomy, too. Not that I would know or anything. :)

The J's said...

yucko's!!! Seems like that stuff just has lots of fun passing back & forth around kids especially, but sometimes manages to pull the adults in. A rather vicious circle at times.

Jessica said...

Sorry you guys don't feel good! Hope we will be able to see each other some day. We need the sun to come out and kill some of these bugs.

Marla said...

Oooh, this is no good. We hope you all feel better soon.

L'anglaise. said...

:-( So sorry!! Sorry not to be there tonight! Hopefully it will work out to get there sometime in May though! We'll hope that everyone is better tomorrow!! xxx

Darcie said...

oohh...Wish I was closer and could help, but all in the same breath...wouldn't want to get this nasty virus. Sending you healthy vibes. GET WELL SOON!!!

Ethel said...

my deep sympathies...i have to sort of laugh for some oddball reason..i don't know why it's funny when it happens to someone else..it's not exactly funny when it happens here and i also empathize with the change of plans...kind of disappointing isn't it..our week got rearranged due to Strep...but it seems to be under control now! I hope you're all better soon!!!

Lani said...

@maxine - I know... I was telling Craig today, "And just think, if we had four kids that would just add to the craziness we're feeling right now." Maybe we SHOULD stop with two. ;)

@jessica - I know. We'll miss seeing you tomorrow. Although, if everything goes good in the morning we might try to catch a bit of the afternoon. It sounds like the weather forecast is favorable to "killing some bugs" tomorrow. 72!

@marla - Thanks, cuz.

@laurie - I know... we were QUITE disappointed with how things turned out this weekend. We were looking forward to seeing/spending some time with you, too. Oh well... May isn't that far off. *sigh*

@darci - Even if we lived closer, I don't think I'd let you come close. When Kristi dropped off the gifts for the boys today, I gave her a big hug (withouth thinking) as she was leaving and then felt awful... sure don't need to be spreading our germs around, that's for sure!

@ethel - It is a bit humorous. I've kept my cool about it this time around and taken a "roll with the punches" attitude. Although? I will admit that last episode with Gavyn at 4:30 made me have to close my eyes and take a deep breath before I cleaned up another pukey mess. I literally spent my whole day cleaning up after the fact and blogging about it. ;)

Melissa said...

Wowza! No fun!!!! Hope you all get to feeling better with some rest! Good thing Mommy's hangin' in there to hold down the fort! :) It's in times like this that I find myself feeling a bit more thankful for the "normal" days in our household and wishing they'd return A.S.A.P!!!! :)